Some people like them dry, others the crusty end parts – but everyone adores the gooeyness of a chocolate brownie!
Before they have cooled they are usually all gone. Make them for a snack or pimp ‘em up with a scoop of ice cream in a bowl as part of a fancy dinner.
The crunchie gives a nice bit of texture and also caramelises somewhat.
- Don’t over cook – once cracks start appearing on top it should nearly be ready
- Flick them with white chocolate once cooked to give a “fancy look!”
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 chopped Cadbury crunchie bars
- 75g white chocolate for drizzling
- 100g chocolate chips
- 350g unsalted butter
- 6 medium eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 80g cocoa powder
- 500g light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
Melt the butter and chocolate and leave to one side
Place all ingredients apart from the white choco and crunchies in a bowl and mix.
Gradually mix in the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
Add about one of the crunchies leaving one behind
Pour the mixture into a lined baking or brownie tin
Place the pieces of crunchie equally along in rows so each square will get one!
Put in the oven for 30 mins then keep checking until a skewer comes out clean